Sunday, January 2, 2011

Palette & Chisel - New Years Model Marathon 1.1.11

Click for Additional Drawings

The weather played nice so I decided to drive down to Chicago to start the year off right. This time I brought one of my friends from my local art group along for the trip. Great experience, different atmosphere.

The model marathon at Palette and Chisel consists of artists drawing models from 7am - 7pm. Every 3 hours a new model poses.

Two drawing rooms: one had 25 minute poses the other had multiple gestures with the final hour being a long pose.

We made it there around noon and left around 6pm. It was a packed house so I remained in the 25 minute room. Wish I moved around a bit more to get more models drawn since each one gives a little something different. Perhaps there is always the next holiday model marathon...




1 comment: