Sunday, January 16, 2011

Local Sketch & Dr.Sketchy's Anti Art School - 1.15.2011

I live for the Saturdays when I have 2 environments to draw in. I never know what kind of energy will happen in either place.

For the morning sketch, I overslept thanks to late night tweeting with a west coaster. I'm putting myself on punishment from now on because I hate missing gesture poses at the start of a session. I've been spoiled with the the additional gestures from Palette & Chisel that I have become restless with drawing a long pose. I drew the model about 4 times from different angles and still working out how my mind reads figures.

All sketches from the morning local sketch are here



Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School had a local burlesque performer, Jon Benet Butterbuns, as our model. I opted for a new 11 X 14 hardbound Strathmore drawing book and a Pentel Color Brush for most of the drawings. I felt the brush pen would loosen up my gestures a bit, and it did. Now, I need to figure out how to go a little darker with Sketchy theme contests.....tap into the naughty side.

Additional sketches are here





There is always an added bonus of the burlesque show following Dr. Sketchy's. Was a weird night. My purse drank more alcohol than I did due to the multiple drink spillage of others around me. There were a record number of pasty pops for the performers too...including one flaming pasty. The show theme was impersonations and the most obscure and confusing one was this bit from Tim & Eric's ... now that is some weird shit. Next time I will remember my camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment