Saturday, June 4, 2011

Local Sketch - 6.4.2011






If I knew who the model was going to be today, I would have brought my full set of pastels.

After dragging myself out of bed, I left early enough to get in some gesture drawings. This part seemed to finish quickly unfortunately. I may have to petition for one night of pure gesture drawing. The room was too full of artitsts, so I couldn't hop around the room too much for alternate angles.

I was able to sneak in an iCharcoal drawing with a borrowed iPad. Its definately a learning process using the fingers to draw and not the stylus.

Yesterday, I stocked up on unprimed wood panel that was on clearance for a store moving sale. An artist told me that I needed to prime it first with a clear primer. Great. The intent was to use it raw. I need to stop going to the art store because I have more than enough supplies at home. All except that damn clear primer....

No comments:

Post a Comment